Profile for Mac: Sophisticated Practice Management Software
Integrated Practice Management Software
Profile for Mac is an integrated Practice Management and Electronic Medical Record package designed for New Zealand operation by providers, nurses and administrative staff.
Functionality and workflows have been rigorously tested to ensure that our technology can significantly enhance your practice processes.
Profile for Mac’s advanced design and architecture offers front desk, administrative and clinical functionality with flexibility, speed and stability. Familiar screens and flexible layout facilitate ease of use and a fast learning cycle. Profile for Mac looks and feel like a standard Apple product.
- Profile 3.2
- Firebird (available on FTP)
- Mac OSX 10.6 or higher; 10.8 or higher recommended. Profile has full 10.9 support
- An active internet connection for sending error reports
- An active LAN for client to server connection
Profile for Mac integrates with other applications a user would use regularly.
- Health Link
- NZ Formulary
- BestPractice Southern eReferrals
- WellSouth Web Portal
- eACC45 Claim Form
- eACC18 Medical Certificate
- “It’s Apple” – Profile Mac is made to ‘just work’, like all good Apple applications
- Enjoy the freeing experience of the traditional Mac window management; keep open, and easily view multiple patient windows at once to quickly see and keep important information like results on the screen while you work on your encounter- no more switching between windows to view patient data
- Integration with the wider OSX functionality for a strong, interconnected application; use other OSX functions like Preview and Notifications with Profile
- Easy to use, quick to learn; Profile Mac has the simple, elegant user interface- combine with power ‘under the hood’. No overwhelming options, just smart, clean, and highly functional design
- Strong financial system with useful audits
- Experience the power of having the New Zealand Universal List of Medications fully supported by Profile- quick and easy to use, with many powerful features like immediate access to NZF info, Medsafe Datasheets, and CMI print outs
- Electronic Special Authorities fully supposed with the New Zealand Universal List of Medications; Profile Mac goes a step further with reporting, eSA auditing and reporting greatly improved over standard, remotely generated reply on authority expiries. Profile allows you to set date ranges, and search for only a single provider- no more sifting through the entire practice’s authorities
- Powerful and robust Recall Management System; quickly and easily existing recalls, send reminders (letters, email, and SMS) and record activities against each individual recall item, with auditing, tracking, and full display of the last activity
- Excellent use vertical real estate for easier analysis of patient history and information
Profile for Mac’s features include:
- Full NZULM support; monthly updated New Zealand specific formulary, containing easily visible information on funded medications, full integration with the NZULM; easy to identify special authority medications. No additional fees- completely free access to NZULM and all updates
- Integration of all interactions, NZF Info sheets, Datasheets, and CMI into Profile- externally called to the NZULM database for the most up to date and accurate information
- DrInfo integration; with in-Profile data queries to interrogate your patient data
- Modern Task system, with ability to link multiple patient items to a single task (results, encounter, letters, etc.); fully tracked with a full audit system
- Comprehensive CPI extract system, which graphical GUI for in-Profile analysis of clinic data; no more digging through files or waiting for PHO reports!
- Incomplete orders tracking; track your patients investigation status
- Advanced and powerful SQL-based data querying; if you record/code it, you can find it!
- Superb Typing Template system (think TypeIt4Me), for quickly inserting complex text into other areas of Profile with a few key strokes- great for adding structure to encounters
- For TypeIt4me users, you can import your TypeIt4Me templates directly into Profile!
- Quickly manage groups of people with the Groups area; group people together to quickly send those groups emails or tasks
- Stock and Inventory management system, with integrated links to service codes and vaccinations; powerful auditing tools included to track deliveries, movements, and Shrinkages
- SKU bar code reader fully supported for use with or without the Stock and Inventory management area
- Fully support for EDI sending and receiving; free text and PDF
- GP2GP supported
- Two levels of appointment auditing for excellent clinical responsibility; audit both the appointment time for the totality of all activities taken place, and audit the patient for all appointment activities that patient has received
- Electronic Claiming
- Email alerts, Task alerts, patient arrivals, and new EDI messages all available via Mac OSX Notifications- make use of this time-saving and informative features in 10.8 and higher
- Built in CVDRisk calculator modelled after the New Zealand requirements
Profile’s technical features include:
- Fully integrated clinical and practice management system
- Multiple deployment methods (stand-a-lone, ASP or centralized)
- 3 tier architecture supporting multiple interface options (including web browsers, rich client, thin client and mobile devices)
- Object oriented design and development
- Based on international clinical standards (The Good Electronic Health Record (GEHR) has been put together by ~ 250 clinicians who have analyzed how clinical records are to be stored, transferred, entered, altered and recognized. As a clinician, you can be reassured that Profile has been designed and is written from a full evaluation of “World Best Practice” standards)
- Choice of databases – firebird (free open source database)
- Choice of clinical coding terms e.g. SNOMED, ICPC2+, Read, ICD9, ICD10, DSM IV or a combination
- Simplify and configure screens to suit the way you work, design your own forms and reports and write macros
- Work offline or work from home without requiring third party software
You can be assured that this technology will meet your requirements now and into the future.
Profile for Mac’s object oriented design:
- Provides the ability to report on almost any parameter entered into the system
- Allows simultaneous access by many users to a single patient record, clinicians, reception and nurses can access and read or write to a patient file at the same time
- Delivers unparalleled speed and performance for users
The Good European Health Record has been put together by ~ 250 clinicians in Europe who have analyzed how clinical records are to be stored, transferred, entered, altered and recognized.
Advantages of GEHR over current electronic and paper-based systems include the following:
- Improves the quality of clinical care, while significantly reducing IT costs of providers
- Integrates contributions by all clinicians, including GPs, specialists, hospital staff, allied health workers, pathology and radiology services, as well as patients themselves
- Provides a complete picture of a patient’s health status enabling better care to be delivered
- Dramatically reduces the level of data errors compared with paper records and current EHR systems
- Allows patients complete control over access and distribution of their health records
- Enables health records to be safely and securely communicated between healthcare organizations such as hospitals, GP clinics and community health providers
- Is closely linked to international health informatics standards
- Ensures that electronic health records are “future proof”, interoperable, and automatically processable through the use of a revolutionary new approach called “archetypes”
- Ensures that electronic health record system software and databases no longer have to be continually changed to incorporate new requirements
- Allows version-controlled health records, enabling all past states of the health record to be investigated in the event of clinical or medico-legal investigations
GEHR is an international “World Best Practice” standard. Medico-legally this means that as a provider, you can be reassured that Profile has been designed and is written from a full evaluation of “World Best Practice” standards.
Request a Demo
Why Choose Profile for Mac?
- Saves valuable clinical time
- Improve clinical and practice outcomes
- Create high quality and legible notes
- Avoid clinical mistakes
- Move towards a paperless office
- Utilise third party applications with ease